- WSSCC staff will take part in events around handwashing, behaviour change programming and Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM)
- WSSCC will convene a side event on Transgender Access to WASH
- The 6th Annual Virtual Conference on MHM in Schools will live stream from UNC
WSSCC staff and partners will take part in the sanitation and hygiene discussions at the 2017 UNC Water and Health Conference in North Carolina from 16 to 20 October.
The annual conference is hosted by The Water Institute at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Its main themes are drinking water supply, sanitation, hygiene and water resources in both the developing and developed worlds with a strong public health emphasis.
- WSSCC’s Archana Patkar, Policy Advocacy Programme Manager and MHM expert will deliver the keynote address on Gender and WASH on October 17. Later in the day, she will explain a poster presentation on Menstrual Hygiene Management for the Visually and Hearing Impaired
- Carolien van der Voorden, a Senior Programme Officer at WSSCC will present as part of the Global Handwashing Partnership session From Evidence to Advocacy: Using Research to Drive Change on October 18. She will highlight the links between evidence, implementation and advocacy with regards to handwashing, providing examples of challenge and success
- With IRC and the University of Buffalo, Ms. Van der Voorden will also facilitate the Moving Beyond ODF: Measuring the Road Towards SDG 6.2 side event to discuss recent experiences in programming and monitoring for scale, sustainability and equality in sanitation and hygiene behaviour change programming
- WSSCC will convene a side event on Transgender Access to WASH on October 19th
The 6th Annual Virtual Conference on MHM in Schools, co-hosted by Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health and UNICEF will be live-streaming for the first time at the UNC event. The conference’s theme this is year is "MHM and WASH: Supporting a gender-responsive learning environment." Click here to register.
Our programme is available here.
We invite you all to to interact with the WSSCC team members throughout the week at UNC and to follow our activities on Facebook and Twitter.